Saturday, September 15, 2007

Comics - THOR - In the Heartland.


3 Ass Monkey - Above Average


So Marvel brought Thor back from the dead a few months ago. I know this cause my mom has sent me 3 newspaper articles about it. "Why would she do that?" you ask. Cause it seems Thor has decided to purchase 200 acres of land outside of my home town of Oklahoma City. It seems he needed a new place to set up Asgard. Apparently the old one wasn't working so well for him as it was destroyed when he was killed a couple of years ago.

Issue 03 hit the stands this week. As with most new books, I thought I'd give it a few issues to see where it was headed. I've never been that big of a fan of Thor. I've always wanted to read the now classic Simonson arc, but I've never gotten around to it. This new series is brought to us by writer J. Michael Straczynski (JMS) and artist Olivier Coipel. Both of these guys are bringing their "A" game. I've liked most of JMS's work, with the exception of Spider-Man, and Coipel has a great style that really works well with the Norse God of Thunder. The first couple of issues start out a tad slow, granted there is lots of set up, but by the time you get to issue 03, shit really starts to hit the fan. Iron-Man desides to confront Thor. If you read Marvel's last BIG crossover event "Civil War", which I stupidly did, you'll know that Iron-Man (who is now a huge dick) is the head of Shield and that all people with superpowers now must register with the US Government. Oh and also while the world thought Thor was dead he and Reed Richards decided it was a good idea to make a clone of Thor to help rally people to their cause during Civil War. Believe it or not that did not go well, so now Thor is pissed.

Enter issue 03. Thor vs Iron-Man = Good times!!!!

I'll be grabbing the trade of this in a few months, as it's hooked me so far.

If you want to read issue 01 I've posted it. Check it out HERE. Hope you enjoy it. As always let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So after reading this blog, I have an understanding of why we do not talk for long periods of time. Who has the time?