Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Toys - Anyone in the mood for chess?


So I got my Sideshow Exclusive Star Wars Dejarik Holochess Set Expansion Pack in the mail yesterday. And I have to say I'm a little sad. Don't get me wrong it's a really nice piece and we'd never get this from Hasbro, but I kind of feel I was took. The damn thing was $60.00 with shipping. Again, it's a really nice well sculpted piece, the table is heavy and made of resin and the figures are die-cast metal. But I feel that this could have been done in plastic for 1/2 the price. I'm sure Sideshow would have made way less $$$, as the mark-up margins on this piece were pretty good I'm sure. But as the consumer I just feel I was robbed. Now I don't mind paying $60.00 plus for a articulated 12" figure from Sideshow. I think I'm getting something pretty special with some nice quality, but with this thing it's just a mold with no articulation, it could have been made out of anything. I would have been much happier with a plastic piece for 1/2 the price.

Michael Crawford has a more in-depth review of it HERE.

No comments: