Wednesday, January 9, 2008

COMICS - wtf Batman hits Robin

Happy new year all. Sorry the blog's been a bit sparse as of late. Between the holidays and not too much interesting to blog about I haven't updated much.

I did happen on this today. It comes to us from "Teen Titans - Year One" which hit the stands last week. I picked it up cause the art looked cool and I thought a "Year One" story might be fun. Boy was I wrong. Way wrong. Not only does Batman hit Robin, which is all of stupid (or maybe Frank Miller wrote it), this book has a horrible story and outrageous dialogue. Plus it suffers from the typical "even though these Year-One stories are from the past, let's write them like it's taking place modern day" or to simplify "let's use the internet it can solve all our problems". ugh. I mean I guess it's possible that Batman was taken over OR is not really Batman, but to be honest I don't care.

Anyway I hear this is written by a writer of the Teen Titans cartoon. So maybe this is suppose to be in cartoon continuity, even though the characters are completely different. Who knows...All I know is it's dumb and the new year is not starting out well, it gets a

1 of 4 Ass Monkey


1 comment:

Hamza said...

Ugh, what the fuck? Batman would never do that, I don't care how much Robin has pissed him off or what he said Batman has the patience to not hit a kid. Grr... Stupid comics!